Charred Eggplant Pasta with Tomatoes & Goat Cheese:
- 2 medium eggplants
- 225 grams of pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 115 grams of goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill or broiler to medium-high heat. Slice the eggplants lengthwise into 1.25-centimetre thick rounds.
- Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil on both sides, then season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil the eggplant slices for about 4-5 minutes per side, until they are charred and tender. Remove from heat and let them cool slightly.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to combine with the tomatoes and garlic.
- Slice the charred eggplant rounds into bite-sized pieces and add them to the skillet.
- Stir in the torn basil leaves and crumbled goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the pasta is heated through and the flavours have melded together.
- Serve the Charred Eggplant Pasta with a sprinkle of fresh basil leaves and an extra drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Enjoy this delectable pasta dish that showcases the wonderful flavours of charred eggplant, juicy tomatoes, and creamy goat cheese. It’s a delightful meal that will leave you craving more. Bon appétit!