A fresh chimichurri sauce elevates this tasty and healthy dish.
720g chicken thighs, cut into quarters
1 cup chopped mint leaves
2 crushed garlic cloves
½ cup roughly chopped pepitas
2tsp smoked paprika
¼ cup sunflower seeds
400g rinsed and drained can of lentils
2tbsp olive oil
2tbsp apple cider vinegar
Labneh, lemon wedges and mint to serve
3 chopped green onions
1 deseeded green chilli
60ml apple cider vinegar
1 cup each of mint and parsley leaves
- Place water and quinoa in a saucepan and bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat. Cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place garlic, chicken, salt, pepper, and paprika in a bowl and combine. Thread chicken onto skewers and leave for ten minutes to marinate.
- Make chimichurri sauce by placing all the ingredients into a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan over high heat. Put the pepitas, chopped mint, sunflower seeds, vinegar, lentils, half the oil and salt and pepper into a bowl. Add the quinoa and mix gently.
- Brush chicken skewers with the rest of the oil and grill for four minutes on each side until cooked.
- Serve chicken with chimichurri, labneh, quinoa salad, extra mint and lemon wedges.