Ready-made puff pastry ensures this recipe is a breeze to prepare.
4 x 200g salmon fillets
2tbsp bread crumbs
500g puff pastry
1 chopped shallot
85g cream cheese
140g baby spinach
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 minced garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat butter with garlic and shallots in a pan over medium heat and cook until shallots are translucent.
- Increase the heat and add the white wine, letting it cook for about five minutes before adding the cream cheese. Then, continue to cook for another minute.
- Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and spinach and cook until the spinach is just softened.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a floured surface and cut two sheets in half, giving you four pieces.
- Place a piece of salmon in the middle of each piece of pastry, leaving four or 5 cm around the edges.
- Divide the spinach mixture into four and spread on top of the fillets.
- Make an egg wash with the egg and a tablespoon of water, brushing it around the edges of the puff pastry.
- Fold over the puff pastry and place it on a lined baking sheet.
- Crosshatch the top of each Salmon Wellington before brushing with more egg wash.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.