Fresh and dried mushrooms make this risotto extra tasty, and it is very easy to make.
225g sliced mushrooms
28g dried mushrooms
1 diced onion
1tsp chopped thyme
2chopped garlic cloves
1 cup arborio rice
2 cups chicken stock
½ cup white wine
½ cup just boiling water
½ cup grated parmesan
Salt and pepper
- Soak the dried mushrooms in the boiled water for about 15 minutes before chopping, saving the liquid.
- Over medium heat melt the butter in a pan and add the onions and fresh mushrooms. Sauté for about 10 to 15 minutes, then add the dried mushrooms, thyme and garlic, and continue cooking for another minute.
- Add the rice and toast until translucent, for approximately 1 to 3 minutes, then add the wine to deglaze the pan.
- Add the reserved mushroom liquid and stir until absorbed into the rice, then gradually add the broth half a cup at a time until fully absorbed.
- Mix in the cheese and butter until melted and season to taste.