This recipe is light, healthy and quick to make.
3tbsp rice vinegar
30ml maple syrup
2tbsp sesame seeds
180g sushi rice
1tsp caster sugar
1tsp sesame oil
2 salmon fillets
2tsp soy sauce
150g edamame beans
4 spring onions
1/2tsp garlic granules
- Cook sushi rice according to instructions and make the dressing by combining the rice vinegar, sugar and half a teaspoon of salt. Pour the dressing over the cooked rice and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a small frying pan before scattering them over rice and stirring through.
- Remove skin from salmon and chop into chunks. Cut the spring onion into slices. Make the teriyaki marinade by combining soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic granules, sesame oil and mirin. Set aside.
- Serve the warm rice between two bowls and add sliced avocado and edamame beans.
- Cook the marinade in a small frying pan until it begins to bubble and has a thicker consistency. Add salmon and spring onions and continue to cook on high until salmon is glazed and cooked. Top the sushi rice with salmon and serve.